Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notification Guidelines
Notification of Infringement
If you believe that content available by means of any MessageDance, Inc. Website or Service (as defined in MessageDance’s Terms of Service) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please immediately notify MessageDance’s Copyright Agent by means of a mailed or emailed notice (“Infringement Notice”) providing the information described below to the address or email number listed below. If MessageDance takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party to MessageDance. Please be advised that you may be held liable for damages based on certain material misrepresentations contained in an Infringement Notice. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Infringement Notices should include the following:
* A signature, electronic or physical, of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
* An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
* A description of the nature and location of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit MessageDance to find and positively identify that content;
* Your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
* A statement by you: (a) that you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner’s agent; and (b) under penalty of perjury, that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Please note again that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Infringement Notices should be sent to the following:
440 N. Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
This statement is a modified version of Automattic, Inc.
DMCA Notification statement.
Last updated: November 19, 2011